Life's journey continues to unfold before me, and I continue to be amazed at the wisdom that flows my way as I open my mind and heart. My latest endeavor involves coming to know myself better and come to terms with lingering trauma and pain from my past.

For the past 6 months, I've gained much from studying Buddhist philosophy and meditation. I've learned to quiet my mind and be more present in the moment. I've gained deeper understanding of compassion, especially compassion for myself.

I am beginning to see that leaving the LDS church was just the beginning of an incredible journey. 3 years ago, I was so caught up in the ecstasy of leaving the confines of the church, that I scarcely glimpsed what potential lay ahead for me.

I no longer live with a destination in mind. My view of life has changed. I live to evolve, to change, to grow. As my mind and heart continue to open, teachers, lessons, and wisdom pour in. Although difficulty and pain are a natural part of life, I celebrate each day as my understanding increases. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment